The Brain Coach For Seniors - When your brain works right, you reap the rewards!
RSS

Positive Qualities
Remembering Brain Trauma
Surgery
powered by

My Blog

It's obvious

It's obvious. When it comes to the brain we have to take great care. The brain is about the consistency of soft tofu (some say a raw egg ) and it is housed in a hard scull with ridges on the inside. The brain is who we are and how we see the world. It holds our belief systems, and it can be our greatest asset or our worst enemy. Some say that the brain is the hardware of the soul. Such a great wonder, such an elevated organ of thought, ideas, faith and dreams. Why do we treat it like crap?

I guess it is like how most of us generally view our bodies. When we are young, we drive our bodies and mistreat them until something breaks down. We may consider it to be a badge of courage to get back in the game before we are healed, before we are physically and emotionally able. Well, the badge of courage and getting back in the game may not be all it is cracked up to be. Perhaps we were meant to do more than burn ourselves out and put ourselves at risk.

Case in point are head injuries. Do you know that a serious head injury does not necessarily mean loss of consciousness? Did you know that "taking one for the gipper" may mean that taking one more hit may seal your fate for Alzheimer's or another type of Dementia on down the line. Ah, sweet bird of youth, we all think we are immortal until it hits us - WE ARE NOT.

Since I have been studying the brain, I've gone over my personal history of potential brain injuries. Seriously, I never thought much about personal head trauma until I stared following Dr. Daniel Amen's advice. The first injury I had was on a contraption called "The Giant Stride". It included a steel pole on which a gear like object was mounted on top.  Small ladder-like structures were at the end of each of those chains.  We'd grab those things with such determination and run like hell around the pole, each competing for the highest and longest of strides, and sometimes the show offs would spin around while going around the pole. Well, I guess I may have been one of those show offs because one day my head slammed into that steel pole.

The next potential head injury was when I was about 10 years old and we were playing war games, and my sister threw a large rock that landed on my temple. The third was when I had an automobile accident (at around 30 years of age) and my head collided with my front windshield. Any one of these would be enough. And, because I would classify myself as having a "normal" childhood, I wonder how many of us have been at risk.

Well, as Dr. Amen says, "How do you know unless you look?" It is very easy to get a brain scan through Dr. Amen's newly opened New York City clinic. They are extremely thorough, so that by the time you are finished, you will know exactly how your brain works and what you can do about it (if anything). In my book that is a really good deal. Hey, the health of your brain is at stake.

20 Comments to It's obvious:

Comments RSS
sportweten24h.weebly.com/ on Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:26 AM
Oder was schien aehnlich einem Moll Verletzungen vielleicht kann beweisen eins seien, ein , dass kann hold der Teilnehmer von das Spiel der Sport. http://sportweten24h.weebly.com/ Dont Wette aus gegen die Cowboys, nur weil weil muessen Sie Schuppen zu reduzieren.

Susan Walker on Monday, July 28, 2014 2:49 PM
Although I have been a student of the German language for 5 years, that was a long time ago, when I was in high school. I have translated your communication, but obviously I have come up short. What I get from it does not make sense. Perhaps you are referring to sports and head injuries. Head injuries never have a good outcome and can affect one's thinking and one's emotions. My favorite sports are football and soccer, and we, as fans have to think less of our sense of thrills and what it is to be a "man"...and think about the futures of these human beings and their families. Thank you for writing me about this blog. I am glad it caused some controversy.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:16 PM
Ironischerweise Logik wird Ihnen sagen, die die Chancen von a Serie fortDoppelZimmer mit jeweils jedes einzelne zusaetzliche Woche und auch muessen Wette zu gegen sie. Lovers geneigt sein maessig optimistisch ueber ihre favorisiert Crew oder extrem pessimistisch, wenn Dinge wird nicht wahrscheinlich sehr well .

foot health on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 9:47 AM
Very much happy by the HELP involving blog post you utilize posted here. my partner and i think you make use of enough therapist and the ASSIST is actually very well. by your SERVICE You can be feeling regarding well-being during re-balancing your current body. we additionally think an individual an individual will probably adopt an ‘Holistic Approach’ to treat the patient..

popular watches for women on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:08 PM
That is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to searching for more of your fantastic post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Charlie John on Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:03 AM
Do share a few further material whether or not a person have. It is extremely practical with regard to me. T

Krysten Lonie on Friday, October 02, 2015 4:38 AM
decorations or maybe toned just about every day?

Gary Lovell on Friday, October 02, 2015 5:08 AM
the many people you know?

Rickie Ear on Friday, October 02, 2015 1:25 PM
do essentially anyone?

Randell Lamarca on Friday, October 02, 2015 4:09 PM
Few most people remember?

Aiko Calway on Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:56 AM
time together with choose?

Clair Seiter on Sunday, October 04, 2015 3:18 PM
In this approach room, better?

Tory Brandis on Sunday, October 04, 2015 3:42 PM
In this kind of room or space, better?

Tomika Kuna on Monday, October 05, 2015 5:04 AM
such an answer is normally quite?

Brant Belanger on Monday, October 05, 2015 5:10 PM
well as their before choice?

Cameron Livingston on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 7:52 AM
house, therefore a great deal better come to be avoided?

Chia Henretta on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:54 AM
The preferred together with practical?

Sal Baulch on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:49 PM
but you don't need to?

Charlie Luten on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:14 AM
to arised the main defective?

reflexology courses london on Friday, January 15, 2016 6:36 AM
Soon after quite a long time I bought a thing new in addition to good quality content material with therapeutic massage providers. We looked for a whole lot to the similar material however acquired almost look-alike work. Continue the good work! It is definitely incredibly educational.